There is no doubt that a selling point of these trainers is their shock value!
Nike said in a statement. “Nike did not design or release these shoes and we do not endorse them.”
We need to balance this though with the impact that celebrity culture and brand have on culture as a whole and particularly youth culture.
Our generations are crying out for hope, for joy, for peace and for goodness.
- Who do you think are the current major influencers of your generation? Do you think they influence your views? Why or why not?
- In what way do brands and marketing influence you?
- If you could tell me one person to follow on social media, who would it be and why?
- 1 Thessalonians 5: 5 says “For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness”. What does this verse mean to you? What do you think the Bible means by darkness?
- What do you think of the advert?
- What do you think about Little Nas X calling these shoes Satan Shoes?
- Should we be offended by this?
- What do you think should be a Christian’s response to this?
- How might you use this to chat about your faith to your friends?